Hey Youtube! Email me when this guy puts out a new video!
YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world (behind Google), but few people really know how to take advantage of all it’s features, including the notification options.
You can setup your YouTube account to send you an email whenever your favorite YouTube channels post a new video – and I’m going to show you exactly how it’s done, even if you don’t have a Google account or a Gmail address.
If you don’t have a Google account already, I’m sure you’re reluctant to get one. But this one account offers a ton of features – free online storage, save custom-made Google maps, a new email account (if you want it), and of course the ability to get an email when your favorite YouTube channel posts a new video!
First step – Sign up for a Google Account
Do you have a Gmail address? If so, you can skip to Step 2.
Go here if you want a new Gmail email address with your Google account.
– or –
Go here if you don’t want to create a new email address and want to use an existing one.
- Fill in the information on the page.
- You don’t have to put in a phone number or a gender, but the rest are mandatory.
- Click NEXT STEP, and agree to the terms and services.
- They’ll send an email to the address that you’ve given (or created), and you’ll have to click a link in the email to confirm your account.
Second Step – Turn on Notifications for a Channel
- Head to your favorite YouTube channel.
- You might have to sign in using the account you just created.
- Click the SUBSCRIBE button.
- After that’s clicked, an icon that looks like a bell will appear next to the button (which now says SUBSCRIBED). Click that bell and you’re set.
Here’s a good one!
From now on, you should be getting an email whenever that channel puts out a new video.
You can check your notification settings by…
- Going to the little circle icon in the very top right corner.
- Click SETTINGS
- Then, on the left under ACCOUNT SETTINGS, click NOTIFICATIONS. There you can choose when YouTube can/should email you.
Pretty simple, right? Now you’re all set to see all the amazing content that I work so hard on.
If you decide you want out, just click the bell to turn the notifications off (and to make my shed a single tear).